The Neckbeard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Neckbeard Forum

Talk Techy To Me

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Her_Sir
Wii Mods Support Thread Vote_lcapWii Mods Support Thread Voting_barWii Mods Support Thread Vote_rcap 
Coda
Wii Mods Support Thread Vote_lcapWii Mods Support Thread Voting_barWii Mods Support Thread Vote_rcap 
MOTOKO
clutch
HeyVanity
BryGuy
vazarax
Nickloves
Link
Protoid
Advertisements

Wii Mods Support Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Link

Link

Powerlevel : 5030
Location : Hyrule - Auburn - Washington -USA -Earth- milky way galaxy - 5th demension - Milky Ways Taste good.. - That is all.

Wii Mods Support Thread Empty
PostSubject: Wii Mods Support Thread   Wii Mods Support Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:09 am

Because I'm too lazy to write up an entire database just ask away and I'll tend to this board on the regular.

What can a modded wii do?
-Change the boot order to boot the SD Card and create a NAND Backup Rom on to an SD card so if you manage to break your wii you can back it up to it's original working state.

-Run Homebrew;
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_applications

-Use Boot Loaders To Run Game Backups;
Coverflow is my personal Favorite it has a customizable display and uses 3D covers like the name suggests and you can get it here;
http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/

-More to come.

Last edited by Link on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Powerlevel : 5347

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mods Support Thread   Wii Mods Support Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:52 am

Never heard of Wii mods before. What kind of things can you do with a modded Wii? I bet they're not as fun to mod as a "real" console, but my parents have one so I could play around with modding it I guess Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Powerlevel : 5172

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mods Support Thread   Wii Mods Support Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:02 am

lol, I'm a bit curious, too. What incentive is there for modding a Wii? tongue
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Powerlevel : 5347

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mods Support Thread   Wii Mods Support Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:40 pm

HeyVanity wrote:
lol, I'm a bit curious, too. What incentive is there for modding a Wii? tongue

FREE ZELDA!
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Powerlevel : 5590

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mods Support Thread   Wii Mods Support Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:13 pm

wii is a good small portable non hd media center. why do i like modded original xboxes with xmbc on them? they are less powerful than a wii, even if thats by a very small amount.
Back to top Go down
https://neckbeardforum.forumcanadien.org
Link

Link

Powerlevel : 5030
Location : Hyrule - Auburn - Washington -USA -Earth- milky way galaxy - 5th demension - Milky Ways Taste good.. - That is all.

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mods Support Thread   Wii Mods Support Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:49 pm

If you soft mod your wii you can have it play burned games, run homebrew customize the themes, run games off of a hard drive through the usb port have it play gamecube games through a burned dvd as well, gamecube via usb is currently not possible because when the wii enters gamecube mode it only uses what a gamecube uses you may be able to run it through the memory card slot via a gecko device, and with home brew you can watch dvd's videos, youtubes (direct video) and all kinds of things.

My favorite things are being able to run emulators especially since the wii motes are mapped out very similar to a nes controller and it doubles as a zapper (that works on any display the wii does unlike the original zapper) you can set up a client to access your pc. and current projects being worked on include;
PSX Emu
N64 Emu
NDS Emu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii Mods Support Thread   Wii Mods Support Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii Mods Support Thread
Page 1 of 1