The Neckbeard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Neckbeard Forum

Talk Techy To Me

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Her_Sir
Yeah...So...WTH? Vote_lcapYeah...So...WTH? Voting_barYeah...So...WTH? Vote_rcap 
Coda
MOTOKO
clutch
HeyVanity
BryGuy
vazarax
Nickloves
Link
Protoid
Advertisements

Yeah...So...WTH?

Go down 
+4
Coda
Azriel
Nickloves
MOTOKO
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Powerlevel : 5323

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:24 am

Dead forum is dead...

What is the point of starting a forum if none of the founders are going to post?

The ADMINS and MODERATORS should post regularly...Or they shouldn't have those titles...

Yeah, sure, I am a creep. But, I know that a site should have more traffic than this in the first couple of weeks...

GET ON IT!!!

I am talking to you ADMINS AND MODERATORS!!!

What the hell?
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/youshouldleavenow/
Nickloves

Nickloves

Powerlevel : 5043

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:23 am

This is me contributing.
Back to top Go down
Azriel

Azriel

Powerlevel : 4977

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:23 am

I think that the problem right now is that most people don't know what to talk about. On my other forum, diablofans.com, we have an extreneous amount of substantial conversating. I started a thread about economics and government and it already has well over 50 replies.

Post interesting stuff. I don't care if it's "boring", just post stuff interesting to you.
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Powerlevel : 5347

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:18 pm

I've not really posted over the last couple of days because I've been busy with college Sad I'll get to posting a little more now.

If you feel the forum isn't very active, try creating a few topics to stimulate contributions and I'm sure people will start posting again Smile They can be a little shy sometimes.
Back to top Go down
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Powerlevel : 5306

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:54 pm

I wasn't on at all yesterday, too busy with my best friend, looking at guns to buy.
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:20 am

clutch wrote:
I wasn't on at all yesterday, too busy with my best friend, looking at guns to buy.

What do you want to buy guns for? ;D You Americans are so silly with your guns
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:09 am

Coda wrote:
clutch wrote:

LOL Do y'all over there in Great Britain have to get a permit to buy butter knives, yet? Do you have to register them? Very Happy

Yeah...So...WTH? UK_Knife_Laws_Suck
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:52 am

MOTOKO wrote:
Coda wrote:
clutch wrote:

LOL Do y'all over there in Great Britain have to get a permit to buy butter knives, yet? Do you have to register them? Very Happy

Yeah...So...WTH? UK_Knife_Laws_Suck

No, you can buy cutlery under the age of 18, that picture just trolled you. Let's hope that somebody doesn't go into your local school and shoot all of the children in their because they had a bad day at work and easily obtained a gun Smile
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:55 am

Coda wrote:
No, you can buy cutlery under the age of 18, that picture just trolled you. Let's hope that somebody doesn't go into your local school and shoot all of the children in their because they had a bad day at work and easily obtained a gun Smile

Yeah, because gun control works Very Happy

Yeah...So...WTH? Gun_control_works2
Back to top Go down
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Firing a gun has some sort of a stress relieving effect, believe me. To get a conceal carry permit, you have to take a class and pass a test (however, this is not applicable in all states). To buy a rifle, you must be at least 18 years old, can not have a felony, go through an application process (that registers the gun in your name) and i do believe in some states you have to be mentally sound to buy one. To buy a pistol, you have to be at least 21 (and same rules for buying a rifle, just the age is different). Guns are used in killing for 3 reasons: War, criminal use, and self defense (police use them for self defense).

In order to legally use said firearm, you need to go outside city limits, out in a rural area, and then you can fire your gun, only if you know what's behind your target (be it a store bought one, a tree stump, or a broken down car that has no use in it). You have to be smart and safe when using a firearm, or it could get you in trouble. Having a firearm with you in city limits requires that permit, and even then you still can't take it to certain places.

Guns that are used to shoot up schools are committed by criminals. Not everyone who owns a gun and has a bad day is a criminal.
Back to top Go down
Protoid

Protoid

Powerlevel : 4999

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:48 pm

Why buy guns when there are so many cheap and wonderfully destructive projects to do?

Thermite, magnetic "rail guns", acetone peroxide, potato cannons... Very Happy The list is endless.
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:29 pm

clutch wrote:
Firing a gun has some sort of a stress relieving effect, believe me. To get a conceal carry permit, you have to take a class and pass a test (however, this is not applicable in all states). To buy a rifle, you must be at least 18 years old, can not have a felony, go through an application process (that registers the gun in your name) and i do believe in some states you have to be mentally sound to buy one. To buy a pistol, you have to be at least 21 (and same rules for buying a rifle, just the age is different). Guns are used in killing for 3 reasons: War, criminal use, and self defense (police use them for self defense).

In order to legally use said firearm, you need to go outside city limits, out in a rural area, and then you can fire your gun, only if you know what's behind your target (be it a store bought one, a tree stump, or a broken down car that has no use in it). You have to be smart and safe when using a firearm, or it could get you in trouble. Having a firearm with you in city limits requires that permit, and even then you still can't take it to certain places.

Guns that are used to shoot up schools are committed by criminals. Not everyone who owns a gun and has a bad day is a criminal.

That was a pretty darned good post. Good job.

Only a few errors that I won't bother with all of them as they aren't that big of a deal...In Georgia, when you buy a rifle or shotgun, you do have to submit to filling out a form and then the seller(if it is a FFL holder) calls your information in. But, the rifle/shotgun does not get registered to your name. In Georgia and other states, you can do a face to face transaction with a non-FFL holder and no form or check is required. The seller is supposed to be reasonably sure that he/she isn't selling to a criminal.

There are numerous small differences in gun laws from state to state. But, what is quite constant in all of the states is that crimes committed with guns are rarely done with a gun that was legally obtained or by a person that legally obtained it.

Also, many people do not know that fully automatic weapons and sound suppressors are perfectly legal in most states. There is no federal law prohibiting them. You just can't buy an automatic weapon that was made after May of 1986. Also, both require a background check and a $200 tax. And, crimes with legally obtained automatic weapons are even rarer than crimes with other legally obtained weapons.

MOST of what the media and anti-gun people say is plain old false or sensationalized.

Guns do not kill people. People kill people. If guns did not exist, people would simply use another weapon. And, as always, if guns were banned, only criminals would have them. And, the criminals would definitely have them.
Back to top Go down
vazarax

vazarax

Powerlevel : 5053

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:49 pm

A

Last edited by vazarax on Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:47 am

MOTOKO wrote:
clutch wrote:

That was a pretty darned good post. Good job.

Only a few errors that I won't bother with all of them as they aren't that big of a deal...In Georgia, when you buy a rifle or shotgun, you do have to submit to filling out a form and then the seller(if it is a FFL holder) calls your information in. But, the rifle/shotgun does not get registered to your name. In Georgia and other states, you can do a face to face transaction with a non-FFL holder and no form or check is required. The seller is supposed to be reasonably sure that he/she isn't selling to a criminal.

There are numerous small differences in gun laws from state to state. But, what is quite constant in all of the states is that crimes committed with guns are rarely done with a gun that was legally obtained or by a person that legally obtained it.

Also, many people do not know that fully automatic weapons and sound suppressors are perfectly legal in most states. There is no federal law prohibiting them. You just can't buy an automatic weapon that was made after May of 1986. Also, both require a background check and a $200 tax. And, crimes with legally obtained automatic weapons are even rarer than crimes with other legally obtained weapons.

MOST of what the media and anti-gun people say is plain old false or sensationalized.

Guns do not kill people. People kill people. If guns did not exist, people would simply use another weapon. And, as always, if guns were banned, only criminals would have them. And, the criminals would definitely have them.

Hmm.. i didn't know that about the fully automatic weapons. Yeah, you got what i missed, the words were in my head, they just didn't get in the message, but you covered me there! And i'd like to point something out, before guns were around, people killed each other with swords and various other weapons... guns were just another revolution.
Back to top Go down
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:48 am

vazarax wrote:
More a knives guy myself...jus sayin

i do love me a sharp knife, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:30 pm

We're dying Sad
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:52 pm

Coda wrote:
We're dying Sad
Yeah, I've been monitoring the site periodically. It will die if the folks running and modding don't contribute PERIOD
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Powerlevel : 5590

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:17 pm

what is needed is more people to sign up as well. and sorry been getting ready for finals...
Back to top Go down
https://neckbeardforum.forumcanadien.org
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Her_Sir wrote:
what is needed is more people to sign up as well. and sorry been getting ready for finals...
Agreed. And, please don't take any of this as negative criticism. I like this place.
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:37 pm

MOTOKO wrote:
Her_Sir wrote:
Agreed. And, please don't take any of this as negative criticism. I like this place.

wasnt offended. just stressed, got a lot of crap to do for finals and ive been researching how to get the site more views. instert scotty quote about working as fast as possible here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:37 pm

MOTOKO wrote:
Her_Sir wrote:

wasnt offended. just stressed, got a lot of crap to do for finals and ive been researching how to get the site more views. instert scotty quote about working as fast as possible here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Yeah...So...WTH? Star-trek-simon-pegg-scotty
Yeah...So...WTH? Slideshow_1067178_MontgomeryScott.oldwiki
Yeah...So...WTH? Treknew10
Yeah...So...WTH? ScottyMirror
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yeah...So...WTH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...So...WTH?   Yeah...So...WTH? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yeah...So...WTH?
Page 1 of 1