The Neckbeard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Neckbeard Forum

Talk Techy To Me

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Her_Sir
Wireless provider, who's top dog? Vote_lcapWireless provider, who's top dog? Voting_barWireless provider, who's top dog? Vote_rcap 
Coda
Wireless provider, who's top dog? Vote_lcapWireless provider, who's top dog? Voting_barWireless provider, who's top dog? Vote_rcap 
MOTOKO
clutch
HeyVanity
BryGuy
vazarax
Nickloves
Link
Protoid
Advertisements

Wireless provider, who's top dog?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Powerlevel : 5306

Wireless provider, who's top dog? Empty
PostSubject: Wireless provider, who's top dog?   Wireless provider, who's top dog? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Okay, so a question for y'all with wireless connection, who is the best provider of wireless internet? I'm set up with clearwire, and i like it, but i want to know what the best one out there is.
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Powerlevel : 5590

PostSubject: Re: Wireless provider, who's top dog?   Wireless provider, who's top dog? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:00 pm

clutch wrote:
Okay, so a question for y'all with wireless connection, who is the best provider of wireless internet? I'm set up with clearwire, and i like it, but i want to know what the best one out there is.

do you just want wireless in your home? or do you use it when away from home as well?
Back to top Go down
https://neckbeardforum.forumcanadien.org
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Powerlevel : 5306

PostSubject: Re: Wireless provider, who's top dog?   Wireless provider, who's top dog? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Her_Sir wrote:
clutch wrote:

do you just want wireless in your home? or do you use it when away from home as well?

just the home
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

PostSubject: Re: Wireless provider, who's top dog?   Wireless provider, who's top dog? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:04 pm

clutch wrote:
Her_Sir wrote:
clutch wrote:

just the home

i suggest getting a wired provider. probably cheaper, and wireless isp's have the ability(or at least are trying) to block sites that they dont like, deeming them as taking up too much bandwidth. so get comcast or another reliable wired net provider to avoid this, and then just get a decent wireless router (~$70) and u will be better off imho
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Powerlevel : 5172

PostSubject: Re: Wireless provider, who's top dog?   Wireless provider, who's top dog? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:13 pm

I have Comcast, and I hear bad things about them all the time, but they've been absolutely great for me, so far.
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

PostSubject: Re: Wireless provider, who's top dog?   Wireless provider, who's top dog? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:15 pm

HeyVanity wrote:
I have Comcast, and I hear bad things about them all the time, but they've been absolutely great for me, so far.

ive been using comcast since they came out. before they were comcast even, my parents beta tested their first digital cable shit. looked so ancient in comparison, and to think it was only like 10 years ago haha. but yeah ive been using them all these years and no issues. modem fried when a transformer blew and they gave us a better one and double our internet speed free for 6 months.
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Powerlevel : 5172

PostSubject: Re: Wireless provider, who's top dog?   Wireless provider, who's top dog? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Her_Sir wrote:
HeyVanity wrote:

ive been using comcast since they came out. before they were comcast even, my parents beta tested their first digital cable shit. looked so ancient in comparison, and to think it was only like 10 years ago haha. but yeah ive been using them all these years and no issues. modem fried when a transformer blew and they gave us a better one and double our internet speed free for 6 months.

Good. Even though I haven't had any problems, I'm always really paranoid because of the shit I read about them, lol.
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Powerlevel : 5347

PostSubject: Re: Wireless provider, who's top dog?   Wireless provider, who's top dog? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Things over in the US are strange. What's the difference between Wired and Wireless, apart from the obvious? Couldn't you just get a wireless router for a wired package and make it wireless, or is there something I'm missing here?
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

PostSubject: Re: Wireless provider, who's top dog?   Wireless provider, who's top dog? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:03 pm

Coda wrote:
Things over in the US are strange. What's the difference between Wired and Wireless, apart from the obvious? Couldn't you just get a wireless router for a wired package and make it wireless, or is there something I'm missing here?

here cellular companies market their data plans onto computers as well using cell towers and satellites for mobile coverage anywhere. we are ass backward in how our bandwidth is regulated. only stanford has a gigabit ethernet connection here in the u.s. and over in europe it is far cheaper for net and much faster. there are also ISPs that are wireles only, giving u a card to plug in and works on same principal as cell phone internet.
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Powerlevel : 5347

PostSubject: Re: Wireless provider, who's top dog?   Wireless provider, who's top dog? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:13 pm

Her_Sir wrote:

here cellular companies market their data plans onto computers as well using cell towers and satellites for mobile coverage anywhere. we are ass backward in how our bandwidth is regulated. only stanford has a gigabit ethernet connection here in the u.s. and over in europe it is far cheaper for net and much faster. there are also ISPs that are wireles only, giving u a card to plug in and works on same principal as cell phone internet.

Ah, we have mobile internet too, but it's generally used by poor people who can't sign up to a long term contract 'cause it's too expensive or by people who are traveling around a lot and need access to the internet. I challenge your claim that my internet is much faster, as in rural England I get about 5.4Mb Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wireless provider, who's top dog?   Wireless provider, who's top dog? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wireless provider, who's top dog?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Neckbeard Forum :: General Threads :: General General Board-
Jump to: