The Neckbeard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Neckbeard Forum

Talk Techy To Me

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Her_Sir
Marriage of computers and cars Vote_lcapMarriage of computers and cars Voting_barMarriage of computers and cars Vote_rcap 
Coda
Marriage of computers and cars Vote_lcapMarriage of computers and cars Voting_barMarriage of computers and cars Vote_rcap 
MOTOKO
clutch
HeyVanity
BryGuy
vazarax
Nickloves
Link
Protoid
Advertisements

Marriage of computers and cars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Powerlevel : 5143

Marriage of computers and cars Empty
PostSubject: Marriage of computers and cars   Marriage of computers and cars Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:17 pm

This may be out of the ballpark of an idea, but i'm curious. Every car has a computer chip called the ECU (as i'm sure you all know). It is possible to reprogram the chip to make the vehicle perform better.

My question is, is there a program, or a separate machine, out there that is commercially available instead of having the chip shipped away.

Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Powerlevel : 5427

PostSubject: Re: Marriage of computers and cars   Marriage of computers and cars Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:32 pm

clutch wrote:
This may be out of the ballpark of an idea, but i'm curious. Every car has a computer chip called the ECU (as i'm sure you all know). It is possible to reprogram the chip to make the vehicle perform better.

My question is, is there a program, or a separate machine, out there that is commercially available instead of having the chip shipped away.

you are lucky i grew up watching car repair/mod shows with my dad

you are gonna want something like this:

http://www.jegs.com/p/Hypertech/Hypertech-ECU-Power-Programmer-III/748454/10002/-1
Back to top Go down
https://neckbeardforum.forumcanadien.org
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Powerlevel : 5143

PostSubject: Re: Marriage of computers and cars   Marriage of computers and cars Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Shocked Very Happy

YESSS!! and here i am thinking that was impossible! looks like it's only for muscle cars, but this is still helpful information!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marriage of computers and cars   Marriage of computers and cars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marriage of computers and cars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Neckbeard Forum :: General Threads :: General General Board-
Jump to: