The Neckbeard Forum

Talk Techy To Me
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Her_Sir
 
Coda
 
MOTOKO
 
clutch
 
HeyVanity
 
BryGuy
 
vazarax
 
Nickloves
 
Link
 
Protoid
 
Advertisements

Share | 
 

 Just got a Kindle, so awesome guys.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BryGuy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 56
Powerlevel : 2900
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 24
Location : Washington

PostSubject: Just got a Kindle, so awesome guys.   Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:32 pm

So who else has a Kindle? I just bought the newest 3G plus Wi-Fi edition, have about 70 books on it now, it is so convenient!

_________________
"We're not afraid of ninj--"
-Doghouse Diaries

Dell XPS 8300
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB DDR3 @ 665MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Hard Drive: 1465GB Seagate ST31500341AS (SATA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
avatar

Posts : 181
Powerlevel : 3166
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-02-26
Age : 25
Location : Manchester, UK

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Kindle, so awesome guys.   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:03 pm

Really tempted to get one, but I read a lot of Comp Sci books so I want to know whether they're on there. I guess it's just a matter of the publishers being arsed to make them into eBooks. If I got one I'd just get the WiFi model though as I can tether my phone's 3G signal to it Very Happy

_________________
The Neckbeard Forum Moderator

On a mission to make TNF awesome!
Don't forget to give positive reputation to useful posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BryGuy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 56
Powerlevel : 2900
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 24
Location : Washington

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Kindle, so awesome guys.   Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Coda wrote:
Really tempted to get one, but I read a lot of Comp Sci books so I want to know whether they're on there. I guess it's just a matter of the publishers being arsed to make them into eBooks. If I got one I'd just get the WiFi model though as I can tether my phone's 3G signal to it Very Happy

Dude, you can find any book online, without necessarily buying it, I found an awesome site for ebooks earlier actually.

_________________
"We're not afraid of ninj--"
-Doghouse Diaries

Dell XPS 8300
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB DDR3 @ 665MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Hard Drive: 1465GB Seagate ST31500341AS (SATA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Protoid

avatar

Posts : 25
Powerlevel : 2817
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Kindle, so awesome guys.   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:50 pm

BryGuy wrote:
So who else has a Kindle? I just bought the newest 3G plus Wi-Fi edition, have about 70 books on it now, it is so convenient!

WANT... except I have a ridiculous number of epubs (some important ones get screwed up when formatting them to work on a kindle)

I'm waiting to see how the NoteSlate turns out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
avatar

Posts : 181
Powerlevel : 3166
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-02-26
Age : 25
Location : Manchester, UK

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Kindle, so awesome guys.   Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:52 am

BryGuy wrote:
Coda wrote:
Really tempted to get one, but I read a lot of Comp Sci books so I want to know whether they're on there. I guess it's just a matter of the publishers being arsed to make them into eBooks. If I got one I'd just get the WiFi model though as I can tether my phone's 3G signal to it Very Happy

Dude, you can find any book online, without necessarily buying it, I found an awesome site for ebooks earlier actually.

Don't be such a cheapskate, Kindle store books are like £0.70, and probably around $1 for you Razz Games at £30-40 ($50 - 65) are understandable, but books are dirt cheap Smile

And besides, it's not a price issue, it's whether they actually exist at all as eBooks Sad

_________________
The Neckbeard Forum Moderator

On a mission to make TNF awesome!
Don't forget to give positive reputation to useful posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
avatar

Posts : 146
Powerlevel : 3141
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-02-26
Age : 45
Location : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Kindle, so awesome guys.   Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:59 am

Coda wrote:
BryGuy wrote:
Coda wrote:
Really tempted to get one, but I read a lot of Comp Sci books so I want to know whether they're on there. I guess it's just a matter of the publishers being arsed to make them into eBooks. If I got one I'd just get the WiFi model though as I can tether my phone's 3G signal to it Very Happy

Dude, you can find any book online, without necessarily buying it, I found an awesome site for ebooks earlier actually.

Don't be such a cheapskate, Kindle store books are like £0.70, and probably around $1 for you Razz Games at £30-40 ($50 - 65) are understandable, but books are dirt cheap Smile

And besides, it's not a price issue, it's whether they actually exist at all as eBooks Sad

Depends on what you want. There are a surprising number of completely free books. That is cool. There are a decent number of cheap books. But, go and look at new books from popular authors. They are as much or more than a paperback.. I like Jonathan Kellerman and his wife's books. I just checked his ebook prices at Amazon. They are $6.99-$9.99 That ain't cheap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/youshouldleavenow/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Just got a Kindle, so awesome guys.   

Back to top Go down
 
Just got a Kindle, so awesome guys.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Happy Birthday guys!
» Super Scribblenauts List of Awesome Things!
» Hey guys, what are your hobbies?
» whoa guys
» jan's graphics

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Neckbeard Forum :: General Threads :: Consoles-
Jump to: