The Neckbeard Forum

Talk Techy To Me
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Her_Sir
 
Coda
 
MOTOKO
 
clutch
 
HeyVanity
 
BryGuy
 
vazarax
 
Nickloves
 
Link
 
Protoid
 
Advertisements

Share | 
 

 music related website.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
avatar

Posts : 137
Powerlevel : 3124
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : Washington state

PostSubject: music related website.   Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:22 pm

So, a friend of mine had this awesome idea for a website. It would be based solely on music (maybe movies, but primarily music). Anyways, ya know how you get a song in your head, but you don't know the title to it, and you just wish you could 'speak the beat' and a database would pop up with a list of songs similar to the beat?

That's the idea, a website where you hum the beat, or sing some lyrics, or just say the lyrics, and several songs just pop up?

Is it possible? If it is, i don't mind if you steal the idea and make millions, that doesn't bother me, because the songs in my head bother me WAY more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BryGuy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 56
Powerlevel : 2900
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 24
Location : Washington

PostSubject: Re: music related website.   Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 pm

clutch wrote:
So, a friend of mine had this awesome idea for a website. It would be based solely on music (maybe movies, but primarily music). Anyways, ya know how you get a song in your head, but you don't know the title to it, and you just wish you could 'speak the beat' and a database would pop up with a list of songs similar to the beat?

That's the idea, a website where you hum the beat, or sing some lyrics, or just say the lyrics, and several songs just pop up?

Is it possible? If it is, i don't mind if you steal the idea and make millions, that doesn't bother me, because the songs in my head bother me WAY more.

You're a few years late, buddy

http://www.soundhound.com/

_________________
"We're not afraid of ninj--"
-Doghouse Diaries

Dell XPS 8300
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB DDR3 @ 665MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Hard Drive: 1465GB Seagate ST31500341AS (SATA)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
avatar

Posts : 137
Powerlevel : 3124
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : Washington state

PostSubject: Re: music related website.   Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Bryguy9312 wrote:
clutch wrote:
So, a friend of mine had this awesome idea for a website. It would be based solely on music (maybe movies, but primarily music). Anyways, ya know how you get a song in your head, but you don't know the title to it, and you just wish you could 'speak the beat' and a database would pop up with a list of songs similar to the beat?

That's the idea, a website where you hum the beat, or sing some lyrics, or just say the lyrics, and several songs just pop up?

Is it possible? If it is, i don't mind if you steal the idea and make millions, that doesn't bother me, because the songs in my head bother me WAY more.

You're a few years late, buddy

http://www.soundhound.com/

SUN-UV-A.... damn, i was hoping i was being original.... well, thanks for the link! gonna give it to my friend, and use it too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
avatar

Posts : 181
Powerlevel : 3166
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-02-26
Age : 25
Location : Manchester, UK

PostSubject: Re: music related website.   Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:55 am

Would have been quite difficult to implement for someone on here I would guess too. It's a nice idea, but unfortunately it's already been developed Sad I hate it when you have an awesome idea and then you find out it's already been done, although I do have one idea that's non-existent as far as I know What a Face I just haven't got around to working on it properly Razz

_________________
The Neckbeard Forum Moderator

On a mission to make TNF awesome!
Don't forget to give positive reputation to useful posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
avatar

Posts : 137
Powerlevel : 3124
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : Washington state

PostSubject: Re: music related website.   Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:30 am

Coda wrote:
Would have been quite difficult to implement for someone on here I would guess too. It's a nice idea, but unfortunately it's already been developed Sad I hate it when you have an awesome idea and then you find out it's already been done, although I do have one idea that's non-existent as far as I know What a Face I just haven't got around to working on it properly Razz

yeah, i mean, last year i had this great idea for a seach engine, all you had to do is type in one key word in, and boom, you'd be able to find exactly what you're looking for, so i checked google to see if one existed, and mfw i realized...

nah, in all seriousness though.. it does suck...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: music related website.   

Back to top Go down
 
music related website.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New user extenstion for browser related testing.
» The Music Zoo's Les Paul Giveaway *usa only*
» Music in rpg maker xp for fexp
» hormone related migraines
» Psychotherapy/Conversion Disorder related to Migraines

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Neckbeard Forum :: General Threads :: Web Development/Coding General-
Jump to: