The Neckbeard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Neckbeard Forum

Talk Techy To Me

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Her_Sir
I'm using opera. Vote_lcapI'm using opera. Voting_barI'm using opera. Vote_rcap 
Coda
MOTOKO
clutch
HeyVanity
BryGuy
vazarax
Nickloves
Link
Protoid
Advertisements

I'm using opera.

Go down 
+2
MOTOKO
Link
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Link

Link

Powerlevel : 4867
Location : Hyrule - Auburn - Washington -USA -Earth- milky way galaxy - 5th demension - Milky Ways Taste good.. - That is all.

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:54 am

Now I'm sure you're probably like "lol wtf." but I came across it as an option when looking for browsers that use less memory (cause this ol' rig only has a gig...that rhymed) and it certainly does seem to use a lot less memory and I also found it has some handy tools, like Opera Turbo, what it does is it compresses the internet up to 3 times the speed, images won't look pretty with this feature on but it's great to have if you have a slow or crap connection. (Wifi, Tethered 3G, Dial Up, Earth-link, clear wire, the list goes on.) As far as themes nothing really pops out at you (unless you're a wii fan/owner) you can have the same theme as the wii's opera browser, you know if you just want all your UI's to be fabulous or something idk not judging..

And now for my favorite feature.
Opera Unite.
Let's say you'd like a private server to connect to your computers files from anywhere or you'd like to share a file off the grid with a close friend but you don't want to spend money or like me, just really lazy. I mean they really make it easy.

You'll find unite buttons at the status bar (to access your unite homepage) and on the panels drawer and you can set up a few things with it, I personally use the file sharing, media player, photos, and a few others I can flip the switch on and off of. for example let's say you're going camping or you plan to be home for a while then you can easily just right click and end the service temporarily, and managing files is simple you pretty much point it to a folder and presto.

Ways I've used different unite features on the often;
My girlfriend and I post notes each-other notes on the fridge app.
My friend sent me cos-play design help using file up-loader (uploads>local folder)
I can listen or download any song from my collection on the go or on my TV via the wii/browser or my phone and you don't have to have opera to access it.
Created a photo gallery just to view with out having to save it on every device I own.
I was able to share il- Cough Cough Legal ROM hacks such as Animal Forest (translated to English) for the N64 You can find it and patch it it's just easier to share sometimes. :3

so those are just a few examples, and if you have the folders all wired in together you can use all of the apps together as a powerful tool.
ex;
Let's say your file sharing folder is;
My Documents\Shared
And then your photo gallery can be placed in;
My Documents\Share\Photos
This way your photo gallery is tidy and clean yet you can still access it through file sharing.
The Music app allows you to download so you can just point it to where-ever you keep your music.

And security is pretty simple let's say you don't want someone googling generic url's like soandso.operaunite.com/pc/files or something you can change the url to just about anything except for the opera unite portion and most apps have decent security if needed.

It's all pretty minimal not quite Chrome minimal but less than Firefox is off the bat.

Final word; It's definitely worth a try and you'll probably make it your default.

Opera Web Browser

and for a lil fun I'll provide access to my fridge app, but I will pull the plug if someone ruins the fun;
http://owo.linkofauburn.operaunite.com/fridge/
Back to top Go down
Link

Link

Powerlevel : 4867
Location : Hyrule - Auburn - Washington -USA -Earth- milky way galaxy - 5th demension - Milky Ways Taste good.. - That is all.

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:01 am

PRO TIPS!
-Add mobile versions of websites you use to the panel dock, then you have fast simple apps on the fly.

-You can add Fanboy's Adblock list to opera;
http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/opera/

-Change the text on the shortcut to say Oprah for the lulz

I'm using opera. 28a85jo
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Powerlevel : 5160

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:35 am

I use Firefox almost exclusively. I only have it and IE on this computer, right now. But, the computer is only about a moth old. I will be installing Opera and Chrome also. I like to fiddle with the others from time to time for various reasons...

I used Opera for a decent amount of time a few years back. Opera has some very neat addons...

I see nothing wrong with you or anyone else using what they prefer.

I do see something wrong with browser wars. I would urge the Admins and Moderators to not tolerate browser bashing threads.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/youshouldleavenow/
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Powerlevel : 5184

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 8:02 am

I don't really like Opera on my desktop, but I use it all the time on my phone when I'm at college due to only being able to get a 2G signal inside. Pages load a lot faster when Turbo Mode is enabled.

I might actually give it a try soon, but I'm in love with Firefox 4 at the moment, and IE9 is great too. I was a Chrome user but their data harvesting got a bit too much for me. I might use Minefield too, which /g/ has been going on about for a while.
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Powerlevel : 5427

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:57 am

chrome master race reporting in, ive used IE, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. Chrome is my favorite and works best for me personally, and u cannot argue them benchmarks Very Happy but yeah firefox and opera are my backups, not even gonna update IE
Back to top Go down
https://neckbeardforum.forumcanadien.org
vazarax

vazarax

Powerlevel : 4890

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:21 pm

A

Last edited by vazarax on Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:08 pm

vazarax wrote:
Her_Sir wrote:
chrome master race reporting in, ive used IE, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. Chrome is my favorite and works best for me personally, and u cannot argue them benchmarks Very Happy but yeah firefox and opera are my backups, not even gonna update IE

What are your thoughts on botnet? Google phoning home with info about what you've been up too.

EVERYTHING is a botnet anymore. Sorry, but, just about everywhere you go, you are being watched.

I actually could care less if Google is mining data on what people are looking at, searching for, etc...The purpose behind that is almost exclusively positive. The data is used by them and sold to businesses for marketing purposes. Better products, more of what you want, etc...through looking at what people are doing.

HOWEVER, it is the small chance that our data could be tied to us and released to the government that is a righteous complaint. Until I see good evidence that that is happening, I just don't care.

I DO know it could. But, at least in the U.S. and other largely free countries, it wouldn't take it happening one or two times and Google would be eating a shit sandwich. We still value our freedom and privacy and woe to the dummy that violates it. We has guns, yo!
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Powerlevel : 5184

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:22 am

Her_Sir wrote:

>He thinks Chrome is master race
>mfw I'm not giving a single f*ck whilst using FF
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:11 am

Coda wrote:
Her_Sir wrote:

>He thinks Chrome is master race
>mfw I'm not giving a single f*ck whilst using FF

>and so, the green text has begun
Back to top Go down
Protoid

Protoid

Powerlevel : 4836

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:32 am

>mfw nobody mentions my favorite browser.
>mfw I'm too lazy to change my avatar just for this post
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Powerlevel : 5427

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:46 pm

>implying
>implications
Back to top Go down
https://neckbeardforum.forumcanadien.org
Sponsored content

I'm using opera. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm using opera.   I'm using opera. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm using opera.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Neckbeard Forum :: General Threads :: Software-