The Neckbeard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Neckbeard Forum

Talk Techy To Me

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Her_Sir
For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Vote_lcapFor those of you on Facebook, a warning. Voting_barFor those of you on Facebook, a warning. Vote_rcap 
Coda
For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Vote_lcapFor those of you on Facebook, a warning. Voting_barFor those of you on Facebook, a warning. Vote_rcap 
MOTOKO
clutch
HeyVanity
BryGuy
vazarax
Nickloves
Link
Protoid
Advertisements

For those of you on Facebook, a warning.

Go down 
+2
HeyVanity
clutch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Powerlevel : 5142

For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Empty
PostSubject: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:14 pm

There is a "video" being spread around with the title "I cant believe a GIRL did this because of Justin Beiber"

Do NOT click on it. Currently scanning my comp for a virus, it's a link to a "site" called Foutube. Before you can watch it, a window pops up asking you to take a survey to make sure your at least 18 years old. Clicking on a link (like i shouldn't have done) takes you to a blank page. After you do this, it'll put a link on your Facebook profile saying you liked the video, in order to attract others to it.

Don't make the same mistake i did, i don't know if i have a virus yet, it's still scanning.
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Powerlevel : 5008

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:02 pm

clutch wrote:
There is a "video" being spread around with the title "I cant believe a GIRL did this because of Justin Beiber"

Do NOT click on it. Currently scanning my comp for a virus, it's a link to a "site" called Foutube. Before you can watch it, a window pops up asking you to take a survey to make sure your at least 18 years old. Clicking on a link (like i shouldn't have done) takes you to a blank page. After you do this, it'll put a link on your Facebook profile saying you liked the video, in order to attract others to it.

Don't make the same mistake i did, i don't know if i have a virus yet, it's still scanning.

Oh wow, I actually got exactly the same thing on mine. Let me know how that scan turns out. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Powerlevel : 5159

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks for the warning. But, I never click on that stuff. The crap on Facebook is ridiculous. Virii writers are having a field day with Facebook. LOL
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/youshouldleavenow/
christchin910

christchin910

Powerlevel : 4838

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:14 pm

It really isn't that hard to tell what is and what isn't a virus on facebook.
Back to top Go down
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:14 pm

MOTOKO wrote:
Thanks for the warning. But, I never click on that stuff. The crap on Facebook is ridiculous. Virii writers are having a field day with Facebook. LOL

i clicked on it simply to see the ridiculousness of what people will do over the dumbest things. That was a mistake...
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:16 pm

clutch wrote:
MOTOKO wrote:

i clicked on it simply to see the ridiculousness of what people will do over the dumbest things. That was a mistake...

HAHA! A lot of stuff is just a replicator...You click on it, it posts to all your friends walls. That doesn't hurt anyone. Its just irritating. But, some of it can be particularly nasty. Better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:20 pm

HeyVanity wrote:
clutch wrote:

Oh wow, I actually got exactly the same thing on mine. Let me know how that scan turns out. Thanks for the heads up.

not done yet, but so far so good, i'd say it's about 90% complete. It's taking it's sweet old time... i have a firewall and internet security. The only thing i'm missing is a proxy. I'm sure i'm okay, but to i had to scan to be on the safe side. Just finished and found something potentially vicious. Confirmation that it is an infected link.
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Powerlevel : 5183

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:56 pm

Seen them all before, I'm a wise dog to Facebook groups like that now Smile
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Coda wrote:
I have NEVER posted this anywhere...But...

I started a Facebook group. It is "Forever Alone". No one has ever posted a single thing. Very fitting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Powerlevel : 5183

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:20 pm

MOTOKO wrote:
Coda wrote:
I have NEVER posted this anywhere...But...

I started a Facebook group. It is "Forever Alone". No one has ever posted a single thing. Very fitting Very Happy

Seems very fitting Razz What would be even better is a Facebook forever alone profile with no friends, but it would be no fun if nobody could see that it was forever alone ;D
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Powerlevel : 5008

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:14 am

clutch wrote:
HeyVanity wrote:
clutch wrote:

not done yet, but so far so good, i'd say it's about 90% complete. It's taking it's sweet old time... i have a firewall and internet security. The only thing i'm missing is a proxy. I'm sure i'm okay, but to i had to scan to be on the safe side. Just finished and found something potentially vicious. Confirmation that it is an infected link.

Great. Scanning now. Have any trouble getting rid of it?
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Powerlevel : 5426

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 am

the way these works are thus:

.info is a cheap domain name(im using the free hosting till i can afford a .com) and what happens is they load it up with ads and people visit and the ads generate revenue. though the sites themselves are safe and stuff, the scripts they run on facebook spreads themselves since they redirect you to their site after using your facebook info to verify and enter site. this gives them permission to ur basic info. then if u click an ad, u might get some spam stuff and viruses. either way a 2 dollar domain set up in this fashion can generate 100 bucks a day or more if done right.
Back to top Go down
https://neckbeardforum.forumcanadien.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those of you on Facebook, a warning.   For those of you on Facebook, a warning. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those of you on Facebook, a warning.
Page 1 of 1