The Neckbeard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Neckbeard Forum

Talk Techy To Me

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Her_Sir
Suggest sub-forums Vote_lcapSuggest sub-forums Voting_barSuggest sub-forums Vote_rcap 
Coda
Suggest sub-forums Vote_lcapSuggest sub-forums Voting_barSuggest sub-forums Vote_rcap 
MOTOKO
clutch
HeyVanity
BryGuy
vazarax
Nickloves
Link
Protoid
Advertisements

Suggest sub-forums

Go down 
+2
MOTOKO
Coda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Powerlevel : 5223

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Please post any sub-forum suggestions that you may have in here. Here are my suggestions;

• Off-Topic" or "Chat"

• Break gaming down into PC and console

• Make general a more "general tech" board instead of like a chat/off topic

• Some cool boards like.. "Making money online" - Something like that, depends how you want the forum to be

There's mine. Any more guys? Smile
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Powerlevel : 5199

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Coda wrote:
Please post any sub-forum suggestions that you may have in here. Here are my suggestions;

• Off-Topic" or "Chat"

• Break gaming down into PC and console

• Make general a more "general tech" board instead of like a chat/off topic

• Some cool boards like.. "Making money online" - Something like that, depends how you want the forum to be

There's mine. Any more guys? Smile

I agree with all that. The "making money online" sounds wonderful. Needs to be more successful folks sharing their knowledge.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/youshouldleavenow/
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Powerlevel : 5466

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:50 pm

will add them soon, as more threads come here i will sticky this so all can see. we always need suggestions Very Happy

-her_sir
Back to top Go down
https://neckbeardforum.forumcanadien.org
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:54 pm

Admin wrote:
will add them soon, as more threads come here i will sticky this so all can see. we always need suggestions Very Happy

-her_sir

Would be nice if I could sticky too Smile I'd contribute some nice stickies
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Coda wrote:
Admin wrote:

-her_sir

Would be nice if I could sticky too Smile I'd contribute some nice stickies

so far only admins can sticky, ill see about giving u that power soon
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Another suggestion; introductions/welcome lounge. It would be nice if new and older members could introduce themselves to everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Powerlevel : 5182

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Coda wrote:
Another suggestion; introductions/welcome lounge. It would be nice if new and older members could introduce themselves to everyone Smile

good idea, but we're all new to the forum... I think we should wait on that until we get either a few more members, or enough time has elapsed. but still a good idea non the less.
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:09 pm

clutch wrote:
Coda wrote:

good idea, but we're all new to the forum... I think we should wait on that until we get either a few more members, or enough time has elapsed. but still a good idea non the less.

I think it would still work. We don't really know much about each other other than our usernames. Being able to say where you're from, what you're doing etc would be nice.
Back to top Go down
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Coda wrote:
clutch wrote:
Coda wrote:

I think it would still work. We don't really know much about each other other than our usernames. Being able to say where you're from, what you're doing etc would be nice.

Ah, I get it now! I'm liking this idea.
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:57 pm

I would put this in the Building a new PC sticky, but it is locked...

I would like to see separate build guides for AMD and Intel.

Too often, I see guides that have them mixed. AMD will occupy the bottom third of the guide with Intel occupying the rest. We all know Intel has the performance be damned the cost. Just like we all know that AMD has the best cost/performance. Too often many of the AMD CPUs are completely ignored as are a few of the Intel ones.

So, anyway, I suggest two separate guides.

I would also suggest that the Admin(s) and moderators try to keep the AMD vs Intel and AMD/ATI vs Nvidia faggotry off of the board.
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 1:24 am

MOTOKO wrote:
I would put this in the Building a new PC sticky, but it is locked...

I would like to see separate build guides for AMD and Intel.

Too often, I see guides that have them mixed. AMD will occupy the bottom third of the guide with Intel occupying the rest. We all know Intel has the performance be damned the cost. Just like we all know that AMD has the best cost/performance. Too often many of the AMD CPUs are completely ignored as are a few of the Intel ones.

So, anyway, I suggest two separate guides.

I would also suggest that the Admin(s) and moderators try to keep the AMD vs Intel and AMD/ATI vs Nvidia faggotry off of the board.

When I write the guide AMD will occupy the lower end of the price range, whereas Intel will naturally appear at the most costly end of the scale Smile
Back to top Go down
christchin910

christchin910

Powerlevel : 4878

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 pm

I would love a comics and cartoons board, but I would understand if that is not the direction you guys are trying to bring this forum.
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:58 pm

christchin910 wrote:
I would love a comics and cartoons board, but I would understand if that is not the direction you guys are trying to bring this forum.
I could see that happening.

We need a main board that is "Media". In that board should be "Music", "T.V." "Movies", and other subs like comics/manga/etc...

That really is the best organization.

And, I would contribute some to a comics board. I have somewhere around 400 comics in the garage next to my 70,000+ baseball card collection.

Pics related Very Happy All from my collection.

Suggest sub-forums DSC00392

Suggest sub-forums DSC00393

Suggest sub-forums DSC00381
Back to top Go down
clutch
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
clutch

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 11:47 pm

MOTOKO wrote:
christchin910 wrote:

We need a main board that is "Media". In that board should be "Music", "T.V." "Movies", and other subs like comics/manga/etc...

And, I would contribute some to a comics board. I have somewhere around 400 comics in the garage next to my 70,000+ baseball card collection.

Chuck Norris?!?! What!!! Him in a comic?! never knew that!
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:52 am

MOTOKO wrote:
christchin910 wrote:

wow neckbeard, u can put that in the art section. amazing. Taking all these ideas in to consideration. This week expect much more member registrations, as they take to boards we will see how people utilize what is already here and i will run some poles.
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:54 am

I'm very glad y'all like. I think I will have to pull out the comics and the baseball cards and take some pics:)
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:55 am

MOTOKO wrote:
I'm very glad y'all like. I think I will have to pull out the comics and the baseball cards and take some pics:)

ill have to take pics of my vintage gaming systems and my vintage computers.
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Powerlevel : 5048

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:51 am

christchin910 wrote:

lol, I was thinking the same thing about a comics board.
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:57 am

And so was everyone else apparently. Awesome! Question, though. If we do lump all this into a media category like MOTOKO suggests, what happens to the more technical music section we have now? Though it's categorized as music, I can't really see theory discussions being thrown in under media, you know?
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:30 am

HeyVanity wrote:
And so was everyone else apparently. Awesome! Question, though. If we do lump all this into a media category like MOTOKO suggests, what happens to the more technical music section we have now? Though it's categorized as music, I can't really see theory discussions being thrown in under media, you know?
My suggestion is a Media board with sub forums for the different mediums.

Media would be the board.

Then numerous sub boards-

T.V.
Movies
Music
Print
Etc...

All the sub boards would be under the main board Media.
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:40 am

MOTOKO wrote:
HeyVanity wrote:

T.V.
Movies
Music
Print
Etc...

I get that. I'm just saying that the actual science of music doesn't really fit under the category of media.
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:10 am

HeyVanity wrote:
MOTOKO wrote:
HeyVanity wrote:

T.V.
Movies
Music
Print
Etc...

I get that. I'm just saying that the actual science of music doesn't really fit under the category of media.

That is arguable. But, there are really only two things that music can fit under-Media and Art.

Now, we can argue this til the cows come home. OR, we can not be complete a-holes about it and just put it under media.

MOST people would probably agree that music is art. And, also, communication. But, it is most easily classified as a medium of expression.

So, whatever. I won't comment on this topic again. I've said what I have to say. The rest of you can say what you wish and someone can make a final decision. I will not be bothered with these semantics. They are pointless and irritating.
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:24 am

MOTOKO wrote:
HeyVanity wrote:
MOTOKO wrote:
HeyVanity wrote:

T.V.
Movies
Music
Print
Etc...

That is arguable. But, there are really only two things that music can fit under-Media and Art.

Now, we can argue this til the cows come home. OR, we can not be complete a-holes about it and just put it under media.

MOST people would probably agree that music is art. And, also, communication. But, it is most easily classified as a medium of expression.

So, whatever. I won't comment on this topic again. I've said what I have to say. The rest of you can say what you wish and someone can make a final decision. I will not be bothered with these semantics. They are pointless and irritating.

lol, chill out, neckbeard. I wasn't even KIND OF arguing with you. Just small talk over something that is largely inconsequential. Don't really care either way. I know tone's difficult to discern in text, but jesus, lol.
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 8:00 am

Shut up before I neg rep you both into oblivion Razz
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:50 am

I think Coda is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Coda
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
Coda

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:41 pm

HeyVanity wrote:
I think Coda is awesome!

How nice of you Smile
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Coda wrote:
HeyVanity wrote:
I think Coda is awesome!

How nice of you Smile

LMAO, touche tongue
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:08 pm

whats goin on in this thread-OH SHI-
Back to top Go down
MOTOKO
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
MOTOKO

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Her_Sir wrote:
A neckbeard going all aspie and when called out on it calls someone else an aspie and acts like he was just playing, then a mod comes in, waves the hammer around a bit, but, is cool about it, then the neckbeard aspie is all, "ZOMG I LURVES YOU MOD!!! PLOX TO LET ME KISS THY BUTTOCKS?!?!"

Yeah, that's what's going on.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Her_Sir
Admin
Her_Sir

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:50 pm

lets keep it civil guise.
Back to top Go down
HeyVanity
Posts On Reboot Badge
Posts On Reboot Badge
HeyVanity

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm

MOTOKO wrote:
Her_Sir wrote:
A neckbeard going all aspie and when called out on it calls someone else an aspie and acts like he was just playing, then a mod comes in, waves the hammer around a bit, but, is cool about it, then the neckbeard aspie is all, "ZOMG I LURVES YOU MOD!!! PLOX TO LET ME KISS THY BUTTOCKS?!?!"

Yeah, that's what's going on.

cheers

Look, I've been nothing but cool with everyone here. Like I said before, tone is hard to convey in text, obviously, and you misunderstood my intention greatly. I wasn't "playing," but I wasn't attacking anyone either. Your sudden anger toward me may have made sense to you, but from my perspective it was completely unwarranted.

Also, Coda changed my comment to say "I think Coda's awesome!" I have no desire to suck up to anyone here, mod or not, and considering I'm a personal friend of the admin, it's quite unnecessary. Simple civility suits me just fine.

Whether you want to grow up and get over whatever absurd, little issue you have with me is none of my concern. However, you should still probably read up on possible causes of paranoia and mood swings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggest sub-forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest sub-forums   Suggest sub-forums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggest sub-forums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Neckbeard Forum :: General Threads :: Request-
Jump to: